How to rip DVD and convert video to iPod touch/nano/classic?
Apple iPod accepts MPEG-4 format, so you just need a converter that will go from DVD to MP4 and video to MP4 if you want to watch DVD movies and video files on your iPod. After you get the output iPod compatible video format, you can drag the iPod MPEG-4 video files to your iPod with the sync of iTunes. Below is the step by step tutorial showing you how to convert DVD to iPod and convert video to iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod video.
The guide is composed of the following two parts:DVD to iPod Converter Suite and install it.
2. Run the DVD to iPod Converter. Click the "Open DVD" button to load your DVD. Or you can choose "Open DVD" from the "File" drop-down list to import the DVD. One or several titles/chapters will appear in the list.
3. Generally, choose the longest DVD title, which is the main content of the movie. You can remove the title you don’t like to convert by unticking it. Select DVD subtitles and audio tracks from the available ones.
4. In the box of "Output Folder", enter the full pathname for the output files.
5. Click "Convert" button to start the DVD to iPod conversion.
6. Locate the .MP4 file that DVD to iPod converter outputed and drag it into your iTunes library. Or select "Add File to Library" from the "File" menu and select the encoded movie to import to iTunes. Now you can watch it with iTunes or Quicktime Player on your PC.
Connect iPod to your computer and drag the MP4 file to your iPod with the sync of iTunes.
Note: If you are using Mac OS X, you can use DVD to iPod Converter for Mac to help you convert DVD movies to iPod compatible format.